Sunday, March 05, 2006

My contribution for tonight's Oscar Party

I'm calling my contribution to tonight's party "Mini Thanksgiving Treats." I first prepared a corn bread stuffing using corn muffins, sage, celery, onions, toasted almonds, chicken broth, and Italian sausage.

Next comes the turkey portion. I cut up lean turkey breasts into little medallions. I dredged the meat in a light flour and spice mixture (sage, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper) and fried them lightly in olive and canola oil (to bring the smoking point higher). The dressing goes in buttered muffin tins and placed in the oven until a slightly crisp top is formed. The fried turkey medallions go on top with some Craisins (you gotta have the cranberry to get the full Thanksgiving effect). If you let it sit properly before serving, the dressing comes out clean and in a nice mold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, that is so clever, and sounds so good!

Do you mind if I add you? I'm always looking for scrumptious new ways to shake things up.

Um. Oh wait. This isn't LJ anymore. hahaha. Well, I will bookmark the blog then.

mays_rays from LJ

Hiro said...

Thanks for bookmarking. I'm adding you on my LJ as well.

Peter C. said...

I was lucky enough to be at this party and lucky enough to be one of the first to try Hiro's Mini Thanksgiving Treats. They were awesome!