Saturday, March 04, 2006

Pizzicotto Review

I'm generally more partial to Northern Italian meals over Southern. In the Northern regions, butter is favored over olive oil, and homemade pasta is favored over the dry variety. Most Italian restaurants in America, from what I've been told, generally incorporate both Northern and Southern influences in their menus.

I had the pleasure of dining at Pizzicotto in Brentwood this evening. There is a wide variety of pasta dishes, including various stuffed pastas. I elected to try their lobster ravioli (at the suggestion of our waiter). The basil complimented the dish very well. The richness of the creamy sauce with the lobster filling was excellent. Definitely a good chemistry of various Italian regions.

This clam appetizer dish cooked in a wine sauce and topped with bruschetta was also a solid dish. Their wine list is pretty extensive as well.

My only complaint is that being a small restaurant, it can get a little cramped. Some may call it quaint, but I prefer to call it claustrophobic.

Pizzicotto - 11758 San Vicente Blvd, Brentwood
310.442.7188

No comments: