Monday, May 01, 2006

Hiro's Spicy Miso Soup w/ Dumplings

I mentioned in my last post that I bought a lot of dumpling wrappers. So I made more dumplings, but shaped them differently. I usually shape them this way when using them in soup.

For the soup, I made a shrimp broth using water, sake, and shrimp shells I saved in the freezer (Emeril always talks about shrimp broth, so I thought I'd try this). Cook dumplings in broth for 5 minutes. Add miso to taste. To make it spicy, I used Go-chu-jang. Add tofu and enoki mushrooms, garnish with green onions.

2 comments:

The Reluctant Vegan said...

How do you make that shape? They're *gorgeous*, and so are the gyoza. Good job!

Hiro said...

Thanks. Basically, you first make a regular crescent shape by folding the circle in half (w/o the gyoza crumping). Then the trick here is to take the two corners and stick them together while sort of inverting it.