Saturday, September 08, 2007

Udon

First off, I apologize for not posting in months. I've been pretty sidetracked. Rest assured, I've been taking plenty of food pics and they will no doubt be highlighted on the site soon.

I've been rejuvenated to blog again after reading a script at the office. Nora Ephron wrote and will direct a film about Julie Powell, the woman who was responsible for the infamous food blog, The Julie/Julia Project. For those of you who do not know about Julie Powell, she took it upon herself to tackle every recipe in Julia Child's book, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" in exacly one year. That averaged to a little more than 2 recipes a day, I think.

On that note, here's my first contribution in a long while... Udon.

I used the Ninben brand dashi for the broth and garnished the noodle soup with scallions, kamaboko, wakame (seaweed), and fried tempura batter.

No comments: